SALI consists of a vast network of members, landscape contractors and suppliers, throughout South Africa who are guided by the SALI Constitution and Code of Conduct. SALI members endeavour to improve the standard of the landscaping industry by adhering to the Specifications laid down by SALI and by so doing ensure clients get increased value and professionalism you can trust.
The SALI National Executive Committee serves on a voluntary basis and consist of the following industry experts:
• Norah de Wet – National Chairperson
• Redewaan Isaacs – Cape Regional Chairman
• Gerhard Lotz – Gauteng Regional Chairman
• Rudi Jonck – KZN Regional Chairman
These regional heads are supported by very enthusiastic Regional Executive Committees that also offer up their valuable time to ensure that SALI moves into the future in a progressive and responsible manner.
The SALI National Executive Committee is very excited to be focussing our attention during the next term of office in two particular areas:
• Reviewing the Landscaping Industry’s Specifications – There has long been a debate on whether there should be lesser specifications for new members and smaller contracts. The NEC feels that this defeats the objective of having one set of definitive SALI ‘Minimum’ Specifications. Landscape specifications are by their nature not based on scientific data but on generally accepted landscaping practices which give the desired outcome. These may vary slightly between climatic zones throughout the country. For this reason, SALI proposes in using the term ‘Best Practice Standards’ rather than ‘Minimum Standards’. All SALI Members will be encouraged to adopt these best practices because they are guaranteed to deliver a quality product in the Landscape Construction and Maintenance disciplines.
• Drafting of an amendment to the JBCC Nominated/Selected Sub-Contract that refers to Landscape Installations and Post-Completion Maintenance. SALI, along with other stakeholders, has identified the need to address matters pertaining to landscape sub-contracts. This will attempt to smooth over current difficulties experienced by landscapers working in the Construction industry at present. SALI, along with other stakeholders in the Green Industry, have given Prof. Piet Vosloo the mandate to represent our industry on the JBCC board to spearhead these suggested amendments.
• IMG_1164 – Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital, landscaped by Life Landscapes and the Overall Winner at the recent SALI Awards of Excellence
• IMG_1991 – Private Residence, landscaped by GvH Landscapes
• IMG_3030 – Office Garden, landscaped by Heimo Schulzer Gardens, and winner of the Best Novice Trophy at the recent SALI Awards of Excellence.
for more visit www.sali.co.za