WHAT IS GARDEN DAY?
Garden Day is a chance for people across the country to down tools and celebrate their gardens. Everyone can take part, regardless of the size of their gardens – rolling lawns, potted window sills, urban rooftops and patio planters – all are welcome.
CELEBRATE YOUR GARDEN! HOW?
What you do on Sunday 17 October is completely up to you – the most important thing is to head outdoors, wear a flower crown, and welcome Spring with a garden celebration.
Most of the year we plant, water, weed and mulch – work. Garden Day, however, is the time to reap the rewards of your labour. No matter how big or small your garden is – whether you have rolling lawns or simple window box displays – Garden Day is all about downing tools and celebrating the fruits of your labour.
Join us in your garden on Sunday 17 October.GALLERY
In the lead up to Garden Day visit your local Garden Centre or nursery and get inspired! Visit the Life is a Garden website to locate your nearest Garden Center or nursery.
Down tools and start planning a celebration to enjoy your hard work. Garden Day celebrations come in all shapes and sizes. Plan an outdoor picnic with your children or share your green space with friends online. It’s all about taking a moment to celebrate the greenery that brings you joy.
WAYS TO CELEBRATE
There are lots of different ways to celebrate your garden:
- Enjoy a cup of rooibos tea and beskuit.
- Host a plant swap and ask guests to bring a rare and interesting plant.
- Have a garden scavenger hunt.
- Enjoy dinner outside in the garden with each dish featuring a home-grown ingredient.
- Make seed bombs with the kids.
Download the free Candide app for localised gardening tips, a comprehensive database of plants, and answers to all your green questions. Discover the latest trends, explore inspirational gardens, and connect with fellow plant lovers. The app is transforming the way people interact and engage with their gardens and green spaces.
HOW ELSE CAN I GET INVOLVED?
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and TikTok, and like and share our posts.
- Take part in our social media activities.
- Participate in our great retail offers, which can be found on our Garden Day Promotions page.
- We would dig to see your garden and the celebrations you threw on Garden Day. Tag @GardenDaySA and use the hashtag #GardenDaySA in your posts, tweets and ‘grams.
Celebrate Garden Day on Sunday 17 October and share pics of your celebration using #GardenDaySA.
With all these reasons to celebrate, accompanied by beautiful weather, let’s hang up those gloves, invite neighbours and friends around for tea and biscuits, a cold beer or a glass of bubbly. After all, Sunday 17 October is Garden Day!